Transmission Tunnel

For the omega engine and gearbox to fit I would have to increase the size of the tunnel. So I thought the best thing to do was increase the tunnel by using the tunnel from the omega this would guarantee that the tunnel was the best fit plus as an added bonus I could use the mounts on it.

So before I started cutting the tunnel away I decided to strengthen the car by welding steel tubes across to stop the car folding like a pack of cards. I did not mess around I just measured the width of the areas and welded them in.
Next I decided to cut the tunnel out of my donor omega. Wow was this a job. To get into it I had to take out the seats and most of the dash board, which in a luxury model like this proved not to be easy. I took the maximum amount out of the omega so that i had loads of shaping left overs.

No comments:

. . . .
. . . . .
WISH TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT VIV OR ANY OF THE WORK CARRIED OUT?

EMAIL:
thevauxhallviva@hotmail.com
. . . . .
. . . . .
. . . . . .